The Quarry of Froidmont √† braye-en-Laonnoi was exploited from the middle age to about 1870.
Occupied from October 1914 by the German forces, the site hosted the French and amercan troups from february 1918 (the 26th American divison, and the 101e and 102e French "r√©giment d' infanterie"). It was taken back by the German forces in Mai 1918.
The quarry of froidemeont accounts for 50% of the graffities made by the soldiers of the Great War within the 280 querries in Picardie; 650 marks have been made by the american soldiers.
Pictures by www.photojeancharles.com, all rights reserved
French Ministry of culture: Quarry of Froidmont at braye-en-Laonnois pictures and descriptions